How Do You Stay Teen?
Did you know that more than 2,000 teen girls in the United States get pregnant every day? In fact, 3 in 10 girls will become pregnant at least once by age 20. And even though nearly all teens say they don’t want to get pregnant, most of them have never really thought about how getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant would affect their lives.
That's where we come in. The goal of Stay Teen is to encourage you to enjoy your teen years and avoid the responsibilities that come with too-early pregnancy and parenting. The more you know about issues like sex, relationships, waiting, and contraception, the better prepared you will be to make informed choices for your future. We're not telling you how to live your life...we just want to give you some food for thought and the latest facts. It’s up to you to make your own smart decisions.
You may be wondering who's behind this website and why we do what we do. Well, the website and the Stay Teen ads you see on TV are created by The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. You can learn more about The National Campaign and what we do on our boring corporate website, but—just to be clear—we aren’t the abstinence people and we aren’t the people handing out condoms on street corners to every teenager we meet. We are the science and research people. We strive to be factual, unbiased, and open to a variety of viewpoints on these very sensitive issues. We also have a deep admiration for the teen moms and dads who work hard to ensure that their children can grow up to be happy, healthy teens themselves.
We hope that you like what you see here and that you find the information on this website helpful. Have something to say? Tell us what you think and let us know if you have more ideas for this site.
Want to write for StayTeen.org? We are always looking for young people ages 13-19 to contribute articles, essays, videos, and more to the site. Send us an email.
Are you a parent? We have a special message for you here.
Are you a teen parent? This message is for you.
- Quizzes at school are lame, but this one is fun. You get an A+ just for taking it! Go ahead, brainiac. t.co/WLQvHMdkS7 #ND13
- Every day, more than 2000 teen girls get pregnant in the U.S. Get smart. Know the facts. Take the quiz @ t.co/WLQvHMdkS7. #ND13
- Did you enjoy the National Day Quiz? Then vote for us! #ND13 @BlueCadet t.co/MHBTjYc4wN
- Having fun, goofing off, quality time on Pinterest...what would YOU miss out on if you became a teen parent? t.co/G6Sly8ItTd #ND13
- RT @ABCFsecretlife: This week’s episode put many of the #SecretLifers in compromising positions. Discuss all the relationships here: http:/…